Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Afternoon delights and singleness

Yes I know, I'm sorry there was no Friday Bacon. But I do have a life you know? Well, not really but I like to pretend I do. Makes me more mysterious.


Anneliese Seubert

Nothing like a cosmetics launch to bring out the ladies to a poolside soiree is there? It’s an almost faultless appearance from Anneliese. The beautiful warm tan colours that co-mingle so well with the dress, her lovely straight hair demurely held back by sensibly sized sunglasses. The only itsy, bitsy, tweeny, weeny picking at nothing really point is the dark stockings and shoes. It seems to unnecessarily weigh the outfit down. Like a double choc Tim Tam – so good and you really enjoy it but afterwards you feel just a smidge too full.


Kathryn Eisman

Oh Oi, Oi! I equally love this outfit and loathe it. I feel torn between the devil and the angel today and this walks every single line possible. The too perfectly matching colours of black and red throughout the entire outfit, the so very cool right now pattern stockings and the pert little beret sitting neatly atop her head all scream ‘I’ve spent the past week planning this outfit on the chance I will get photographed.’ And yes, I’m hardly one to encourage not considering your outfits but I don’t want to see the work that’s gone into it. This looks like work here people, and demanding bitch that I am, I want it to look effortless.


Penne Peacock

It’s a YETI – run for your lives! It is not, for those with low-res computer screens a Yeti but really I wouldn’t blame you if you were confused. Whatever made Penne wander out of her home with this ‘thing’ attached to her body and think she would like good is beyond me and all those I know. This outfit is annoying on another level because for the rest of the day in my head on constant replay is [sing it]‘In the Jungle the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight!’


Princess Anne

This is want centuries of inbreeding will do. And while it’s not nice to scoff at someone’s looks and we don’t do that here at HLOD, when all you see is nose it’s hard not too. Poor Anne is working against some serious issues of nature but some are of her own making. The biggest – literally – offer is the Nanny McPhee hairstyle she’s working, which is drag queen does the royals look. How does some one who produces spunky royal Zara still be this uncool?


Sigourney Gray

I love this look – it’s all very Melanie Griffiths circa Working Girl in power suits with the 06 twist. This says to the boss who sees this picture the next day ‘See I was working, even had my business cards ready’. Nothing here dominates over the other and for the time of day and event Sig’s at – it’s perfect. Extra points for the splash of red lipstick which jazzes it all up.


Zoe Foster

I want to be compassionate, I really do, because Zoe does work in the fashion mags and they have to dress in the so called coolest, latest, hottest trends, however stupid and idiotic they may be. However when you like you’re the missing Wiggle, compassion can only go so far. That colour of yellow was designed for only two things: children’s entertainment and the mustard that goes on a hot dog. And Zoe’s a gorgeous skinny thing but overalls? Really? You want to open up that nasty box of kindergarten flashbacks? No, no one does.























A Tale of Two Covers

Because it’s been a slow week here at HLOD, I wanted to examine this disturbing trend I’ve noticed recently. January issue of the (Sydney) magazine and we are invited to meet the new Merrick and Rosso – all proud of their slow gradual move into adulthood. July issue of the (Melbourne) magazine and we are invited to meet the new Rove – all proud of his slow gradual move into adulthood. Is anyone sensing a pattern here? Yes, these two ultra hip how cool is our respective cities magazines live under the Fairfax stable but are we recycling ideas this quickly now? Is white the new serious. Are we going to see ‘My Secret Pain: Ice Skating Hurts’ white covers of Lara Bingle soon?


Chris Hemsworth

NEWS FLASH – As regulars of HLOD will know I have a small liking of the man we all know as Chris Hemsworth. Well ladies, gentlemen, children of all ages and animals smart enough to work the internet, Chris is a single man! While I do think it’s sad that he and Isabel could not make it work (I do really!) this frees him up for so many things and so many people…let’s all take a moment and think about Chris.

Moment’s over.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Update Me! Feedback Me!
Want to know when the next tall poppy session is posted?
Email me with subscribe in the subject line.
Feel that someone got too much truth or not enough?
Email me...go on I dare you.
Lady Harsh

Links
Archives