Wednesday, August 16, 2006

In the wake of Mischa


Asher

Okay, it’s time to call game over. The lights are up, the curtains gone down and the audience has left. The trend known as putting a belt on anything that doesn’t require a belt is getting so long in the tooth it’s making Michael Douglas look youthful! And really Asher’s copping the brunt of my frustration because she doesn’t look at all bad, in fact the dress is really nice, it’s just the belt doesn’t seem to provide anything at all – either through functionality or aesthetics.


Bianca Dye

Yes, Bianca I’d be making that face too if a photographer just showed me what I was wearing. Obviously Bianca doesn’t visit HLOD because as those eagle eyed readers would know, I mauled Camilla Frank only a week ago for wearing the same outfit badly. See it’s not just a fun poke at celebrities here, it’s an advisory service to said celebrities about what to clearly avoid on the stylist rack.


Eddie, Rachel and Bryan Brown

The Mover-and-Shaker, the Aristocrat and the Aussie Bloke: A story of an attempted network salvage. Eddie McPress the Flesh to Save Face over my Public Flogging by the Once Friendly Media snuggles right up to the it couple of the moment – cranky Sunday Life piece aside. Eddie’s waving the Collingwood flag still with his tie but the pressure is obviously manifesting itself physically cause the boy is sporting some tired facial baggage. In complete contrast Rachel looks sophisticated and funky cool, and Bryan in that manly manness of man suit that says mess with me and I may be forced to introduce you to my fist.


Kate Ritchie

It’s been a rough year for Sally Fletcher and now the ripple effect has hit poor Kate. A very messy public breakup with the beefcake however has dinted her recent style – well not too much (I’m being kind). The pockets black dress is not only stylish but incredibly practical (car keys!) and she lightens it up with the red bag. However I draw the line at the leggings – it does her and the dress no favours. And in the idea of being nice to the recent downtrodden that’s all I have to say.


Kirrilly J

In proving that fashion is in the eye of the beholder – I got slaughtered for my recent critique of Kirrilly and her smock/dress. Still, I’ve said it before and I’m shouting it again – I’m not judging for the cool factor which Kirrilly has in spades, I’m judging on the what-the-hell first thought into my brain. My first thought here is Kirrilly is trying to hide something, and no probably not an early pregnancy sign, she’s probably smuggling a plasma TV out in the dress. I don’t understand wrapping oneself up in a king bed sheet and sewing pockets on and calling it a dress – but that could just be me?


Marcia Hines

Marcia’s come back from Mars on her intergalactic space trip with the Star Trek team to report on a few things. So urgent was her report that she didn’t event have time change from her astronaut suit, she’s just rushed straight onto the red carpet with her news.


Nikki Zimmeran

Confusion is hanging around here today like Lance Armstrong and Matthew McConaughey together – inexplicably everywhere. Why , for instance does Nikki, who looks lovely in this black and mauve dress which is paired with tights and nice Mary Jane heels chose to wear a t-shirt underneath? Was she cold? Coz I remember wearing some pretty revolting t-shirts under my winter school uniform but that was because I was freezing and also trying to be a rebel – I’m not sure the same reasons apply here.


Tara Moss

Well there’s nothing like letting the Ladies out for a night. Tara shows us what she’s literally made of in this …revealing dress. What immediately strikes me is that with Tara’s height – her chest is normally at everyone’s eye level, a dress like this would mean everyone in the room practically got a lap dance for free that night. Men = unparalleled joy, Women = seething anger.


Toni Pearen

I know Seven are about to reunite all the cast of E-Street for a big where are they now special but Toni’s obviously gone out early and raided the 80’s wardrobe. The necklace especially screams ditzy Toni (yes, the challenges of playing a character with the same name as your own are intense). I’m just waiting for her to launch the second attempt at her music career – I’ll support her, I did the first time.

***

In a side note – whoever set up the red carpet at the David Jones show needs to be taken about back and severely beaten (a little too drastic?). Every single celebrity is shadowed from the waist the down by the paparazzi taking photos. The width of the carpet is there for that specific reason but some nifty little PR bubble probably thought she was doing the hungry press such a big favour by bringing them closer. Honey, you may have scored points on the night but the fallout is far reaching.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Update Me! Feedback Me!
Want to know when the next tall poppy session is posted?
Email me with subscribe in the subject line.
Feel that someone got too much truth or not enough?
Email me...go on I dare you.
Lady Harsh

Links
Archives