Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It's hard when people look nice

What a week it's been - my love of award shows continues unabated. Nothing says good times like celebrities stuck in a room like school children at weekly assembly. The seething hatred of watching some one else win YOUR sports award - it's just the same but on a global, critical judgement that stays with you forever scale. Also cracker Grey's Anatomy episode on Monday - Meredith is severely testing my patience and yes, I understand it hard to get over Patrick Dempsey (I never have) still, it doesn't give one the right to use one's best friend as a rebound sex. Bad Meredith.

On a more fashion related note, while I don't judge international celebs (they get enough) I will say Patrick Dempsey and Keifer (Christmas tree lover - if you've never seen the footage of Keifer attacking the Christmas tree you haven't lived) Sutherland know how to wear a tux! (air clicks!) Eva needs to back away from the fake tan, thank god Ellen Pompeo has been eating recently and Katherine Heigl made me eat another pack of M&M's cause genetics is a bitch!



Bella

Bravo Bella! I love it. From the cute brown shoes, to the cream dress with nice white jacket and accessorized with gold bangles and necklace. It’s all good but my favourite part is the glasses! I love her in glasses - they just add something special to her face and make her look sophisticated and stylish.


Bessie Bardot

Oh Miss Bardot really. Firstly how obscenely long is her neckline – in a weird, parents may have cross bred with a giraffe way? Secondly the ruffling that’s popping out of the top of her cleavage could either be the tablecloth from dinner or her padding in the bra – either way they don’t add elegance. Her hair is also bordering on Nicole Kidman doll’s hair. Not justifying the product placement either.


Courtenay Act

I’m moving right past the envy for Courtenay’s legs – that’s just not natural to be a man and have those legs! I also understand that yes, being a drag queen means the outfits are usually twice the fun and exaggerated to the maximum. However why, oh why does his/her makeup look like Britney Spears in that Dateline interview? The one where she cries and her fake eyelash falls off. That’s not something to emulate Courtenay – unless this is a homage and in that case, well done, you look exactly like the Queen of White Trash.


Emily Barclay

I know you all think I’m going to hate this and yes, part of me is unsure about the matching of black tights with a mainly navy outfit but I’m willing to slide past that one because the rest of the outfit is delightful. Original and fun, this is what to dress as a hot young thing about town with street cred and a real job is all about. This says I’m a serious hip young actor much like Rose Byrne so watch my star rise. It does not say I finished seventh in Big Brother and spent the entire time in the house singing and was like, shocked, when a two men in a garage record company asked me to release a single.


Jemma Kidd

For those who don’t remember Jemma Kidd cast your minds back to the early-mid nineties when Miss Kidd was part of the elite so skinny I need to put a plug in my shower so I don’t slide down the pipe set. While vehemently denying any disorder at the time (cough Nicole Richie cough) it turns out that shockingly she did! While I commend her for getting better and all power to her and those struggling with the disease, I’m in no way inspired to buy any cosmetics from her. With roots that start in her armpit and bags under her eyes and cracked lips, there’s nothing here that makes me think wow that will solve my dreaded monthly breakouts. Have a look at the SKII campaign Jemma, that’s what cosmetic marketing is all about.


Kate Fischer

Another case of a cold night and people pretending that their donna cover is a actually a coat. In actually fact it’s a gorgeous coat, much like Max Mara coat I spent dreaming of for two years. However the upturned collar with the belt hog tied around poor Kate and her chosen angle, do absolutely no favours to either the coat or Kate.


Michelle Walsh

Holy lord it must have been cold on that red carpet. Careful Michelle someone could lose an eye with those things. This gives me a weird fembot flashback. And that’s my problem with this outfit, instead of looking like a yummy mummy who’s retained her hot little body except for the bump, she now looks like a cheap lady of the night. A bra would have killed her?


Tali J

Well, it’s an improvement to say the least. I think Tali’s jealous of my constant adoring references to the fashion car accident that is Tiffani Wood. Her efforts to get on my radar are commendable, who else would pair red and black leopard print with a pinafore pockets dress, belt it and then top it off with brown shoes? Tali you are fantastically off track and your efforts to dethrone Tiffani haven’t gone unnoticed. One more week of absence from Tiff, and weird arse stuff from you and the crown could be yours.


Victoria H

It’s quite strange at Harsh Light that today there’s almost equal applause to the boos and hisses. I’m almost at a loss about what to do. I still can congratulate Victoria on a beautiful little outfit. It does wonders for her tiny tall figure and the shoes are divine. Classy, elegant with a hint of sexy – it’s all too much for me!


Victoria T

How does one explain this? I don’t think I can. I mean, it’s a black dress with awful Like a Prayer era studs, we team it up with pattern stockings that resemble a nasty disease attacking her legs and then, just for good times, Victoria’s thrown on a pair of boots that in no way match the outfit. It’s like she ran out the door on the farm in Dad’s gumboots and much like the magic faraway tree ended up in a completely different world.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Update Me! Feedback Me!
Want to know when the next tall poppy session is posted?
Email me with subscribe in the subject line.
Feel that someone got too much truth or not enough?
Email me...go on I dare you.
Lady Harsh

Links
Archives