Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Some highest of highs and well, yes the expected lowest of lows

Yes, I know. No Friday Bacon again - and it sucks cause I'd chosen my theme and everything! Alas, it got to Sunday and there's nothing worse than being so late to a party - don't worry I'll save it for this week.

And shout out to helpful HLOD-er who directed me to another local photog site. Only problem the pictures are Nicole Richie post Paris friendship small and I ain't rich enough to get my own. But big thanks for the input - I squee'd my way through the rest of the day!


Asher Kedie

She so reminds me of that girl that everyone in school loves because not only are they beautiful but they’re also really nice and spend all their time in the art department creating stunning paintings. Pisses me off these talented hot women! Here Asher looks great – the only thing is the sleeves. It’s not bad, it’s just the lines of the dress don’t lend it to sleeves.


Camilla Frank – The Boho Nightmare

Was it me or wasn’t everyone say like four months ago, boho chic is so out? Well someone forgot to mention it to Camilla, either that or she’s saved herself a bundle by buying all the clothes people are trying to get rid of. And while we are discussing over used trends, the belt that proves to be no assistance at all! This belt is almost a mockery to all belts.


In the same week, Camilla just ain’t letting a bad idea die. The belt of no purpose has thankfully been left at home, but in its place the cleavage of stupidity. This actually looks like Camilla has just popped on heels for the evening cocktails by the pool – not a red carpet charity function.

Claudia Karvan

For some people Claudia can do no wrong, she is their indie princess idol with her cool thirty something tv shows. Still, no matter how idolised you are, nothing can excuse plain ugly outfits. And here Claud excels in ugliness. Nothing says sexy like a bunching Harry Highpants Skirt. Except of course a sparkly top with a white reflective bob tube underneath. Too finish off this winning (note: sarcasm) ensemble the shoes of death aka the ever spreading court shoe craze!


Donna G

This is what’s wrong with red carpets! Excess satin, over inflated breasts that take on a pointy Madonna-esque look, ultra dyed too long Texas prom queen hair!

Emily Browning

As we’ve discussed here many times before at HLOD – I am not cool, just don’t contain that wear crazy shit and make it look good DNA. I still can take my hat off to those who can, sometimes they do make me want to purchase a playsuit even though I know I will never, ever wear it. Emily is one of those people who has that DNA, however today it must have freaked out at the last minute as she was putting the finishing touches to her pretty funky outfit. There is no other rationale explanation as to why she’d wear LIGHT BLUE tights with this outfit. I diagnose you Emily with freaked out DNA-itis, sure to be cured in next week’s House.


Isabel Lucas

Speaking of wearing crazy shit and making it look good, the queen of how out of control is my wardrobe – Isabel. I often feel like I’m shouting at the rain with Isabel, but some one (EL) pointed out that Isabel is Australia’s very own substandard version of Mary Kate Olsen. And it fits – the bag lady ugly clothing and stupid headwear. All she needs are oversized sunglasses and massive coffee and Izzy is Hollywood ready.


Jodi Gordon

Jodi G is becoming a firm favourite here at HLOD. Not in a Tiffani Wood way but in a can’t put a foot wrong, amazing style for a Soapie starlet favourite. This dress is stunning, a beautiful red, a perfect fit, unique, flattering, sexy yet elegant. She’s even perfected it with upswept hair to further show off her décolletage. Bravo Jodi, I salute you!


Mrs Crocker

At first I thought Barry Crocker was doing a nightclub tour after seeing how much fun Bert had at Twister last weekend. But no, this is Mrs Crocker…maybe in a time warp? There’s that whole thing about dressing for your age, but this, this is another lever of crazy. What would possess some one to do this? Is she trying to assure Barry she’s still swinging? Dressing like a Gold Coast hooker won’t bring him home Mrs Crocker, it will only make him stay for another hour.


Noni Hazelhurst

This would be funny if it was intentional but it’s not. I think Noni’s seriously wearing this number with fashion in mind. Maybe her dressed got mixed up the dry cleaners and she was stuck with the female Uncle Sam outfit from a 4th of July party. What makes it fail in my book as ensemble is the black shoes. With a sea of red, why not go the whole enchilada – red shoes, red handbag and Nones should have topped it off with a red hat!


Tali Shine

If Tali’s pregnant – that’s a great dress, a funky pattern with a great length and I even like the ballerina tute underneath, it flatters her in all right pregnancy places and makes her look sophisticated and stylish, very yummy mummy. If Tali’s not pregnant – wow is that a bad angle to stand on.


Tiffani Wood

Oh Tiffani, you went away again and I missed you so and then you do this to me. You turn up looking good, looking great even! Stylish, elegant and beautiful. Why? Is it because you think that’s what I want? No, from you Tiff, I love the wacky, I love the crazy, it’s what makes you so you. On the outfit, you do actually look very nice and on any other night you’d get my salute but Jodi in that dress has pipped you at the post. But a mini salute for a most improved performance – hate it as much as I do.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Update Me! Feedback Me!
Want to know when the next tall poppy session is posted?
Email me with subscribe in the subject line.
Feel that someone got too much truth or not enough?
Email me...go on I dare you.
Lady Harsh

Links
Archives