Monday, February 19, 2007

V8's go broom and I'm boring, bitter and pathetic - COOL!

Firstly, I must, must address the fact I’m SO excited. I got my very first hate mail! It’s awesome, I feel so special. So I felt I must honour this person who vented their frustration – I feel I owe them that. I’ll address the issues point by point:

Bondi Blonde Girl: Her name is Jaime Wright.

Sorry, my fault, in my journalistic efforts for integrity and thorough research in covering a beer launch, I may have been busy and not noted it down. Will make sure to do more in the future.

You are obviously bitter

Well, I don’t think this site would function very well without me being somewhat bitter…it’s not called the Sunshine and Baby Kisses Light of Day.

and boring

Oh my God, how did you know? I’ll try and work on that too.

typing pathetic comments

I thought I was quite witty and pithy sometimes. Yes, I know I have an off week sometimes but, I try really.

people who are out there enjoying life while getting paid v well for it

Well if life is so good for these people and they are being paid well for it, shouldn’t they therefore be able to afford nice clothes? I’m just wondering.

I suggest that you get out from behind your computer

No, it’s warm here and I can eat chocolate and mock people.

live life

Does that mean I have to exercise?

Life is too short

OMG! Does everyone know that? Seriously, people should be alerted. Also in case anyone is asking, I heard the sky was also falling!

so just stop bitching

It’s kind of the function of the site. And also, then I’d just have to live my pathetic boring life. And I’d be bitter.

and enjoy it

That kind of goes hand and hand with the bitching

Bondi Blonde Beer rocks

I’m sure it does and up and until that moment your defense of Jaime Wright as on track. Then you had to plug. Publicist outted. So, to forget all evils etc I will accept a slab of beer.


Claudia Karvan

See people think I have a major problem with Claudia, like a real deal issue and yes, I kind of do but I’m willing to accept when she looks nice. Here she looks lovely. The dress fits, oh yeah. The shoes are acceptable (tad shiny and reflective) and the red under thing is good value considering Claudie’s efforts of the past would have worn the dress sans under top. And I like, actually love the hair chop – almost as transforming as Britney’s.


Catherine Martin

Now Catherine is a talented woman, anyone who could dress and costume all those people on Moulin Rouge deserves some sort of award, the Spotlight Sequins and Satin of 2002, maybe? Anyway, my problem is some one who dresses others so well, seems to have not dressed herself well. The cinching fabric is bunching in a most unattractive way and the hemline hits her at exactly the wrong length. Also the flat shoes while good for other occasions, give her some big time cankles…and nobody needs cankles.


Jodi Gordon

I’m a Jodi kind of girl. She dresses uniquely and not like a Supre advertisement. She’s got a pretty face and smile thing going on and she has a very sad story behind the scenes (Today Tonight gets me every time). I think however, Jodi may have been roped into the Seven V8 launch at the last minute. Hence the unwashed hair, the make up lacking and generally uncohesive-ness (spell check is for wimps) of the outfit.


Jessica Tovey

See, these H&A girls are doing an excellent job of off-set styling. They have a sense of fashion and I, of all people, probably more than I should, appreciate that. Jessica looks classy and fresh and hip and of course the terrible leaning on the car like grid girl is, a little tragic, however her outfit saves her.


Leah Purcell

Leah is a very talented person, has a great spirit and does wonders for film in Australia. Doesn’t save her from dressing in cheap satin bathrobe, that doesn’t actually fit. Poor Leah, you can tell she’s just decided to try and look funky and trendy, and some awful person in the store convinced her she looked so good. EVIL, EVIL store person, not every one should pop out of their clothing!


Leanna Walsman

See this is perfect. It’s cool independent film festival. It’s summer without being trashy. Her hair is perfect, soft and elegant. And her shoes look perfect and non-cankley. And her tan is matching and even - wonders will never cease! I would say this is the best I’ve seen Leanna look and I would have no problems looking like this each day.


Missy

Missy is apparently a fashion designer. And yes, she does have that train wreck – esque Kate Moss thing going on. But only Kate Moss, can do Kate Moss and even then I still have trouble (Pete D, really? I need an essay and a powerpoint presentation to convince me Kate). Missy, however, is not Kate Moss, she’s not even Jordan. Ergo a simple train wreck.


Sacha Horler

Like Catherine Martin, Sacha has fallen victim to the bunching bandits of bad fabric! It’s a plague on all our houses. Thankfully, the shoes weren’t as bad, and fabric not as bad, but I think we can see a new trend developing here. In the rush away from the kaftan, people are bunching by the dozen – and it’s got to stop! Stop the bunching.


Susie Porter

We’ve discussed Susie P and her red beanie of fun here before and Susie continues to flaunt it in my face. That’s fine, I’m not the one wearing a red beanie repeatedly in public Suz. I get that it’s some attempt to be cool, some break free from the opaque tights gang and be cool and solo. But the thing is, it ain’t cool or really unique - Heath Ledger’s been doing it for years, so have Melbourne Uni arts students who drive Mini Coopers and believe they thought up Status Anxiety way before Alain de Botton did.


Veronica Gay

Apparently Veronica is an actress but I’ve not seen her in anything and maybe, that’s a good thing. Maybe, oh maybe, before she becomes really famous, like Logie red carpet famous, she might want to hire a stylist, or consult a friend, or look in a mirror! Taking in all awful styles and messing them together like ProHart (RIP), it’s a Supre fashion designer’s dream and every one else is nightmare.


Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
your site would be so much more interesting if..
a) you could construct prose intelligently
b) you could spell
c) you weren't so blatantly trying to copy the Fug Girls.
d) you demonstrated your so-called "journalistic" ability and did some research on your victims - at least the Fug girls KNOW who they're tearing apart.

I mean, GRANT Wing? Are you serious? And don't try to blame Wireimage or whichever other photo site it is that you stole the pictures from.

One photographer's inability to decipher names on his/her notepad or voice recorder is NOT an excuse for such an oversight.

Mistakes like these show you up for the amateur you are, darling. Journalists can spell and research things, neither of which you do.

It's so cute the way you live vicariously though social photographs. Don't you just wish, WISH that you got invited to some of them?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Update Me! Feedback Me!
Want to know when the next tall poppy session is posted?
Email me with subscribe in the subject line.
Feel that someone got too much truth or not enough?
Email me...go on I dare you.
Lady Harsh

Links
Archives