Monday, April 09, 2007

Defcon Five in Threat Caftan - Save Yourselves


Anneleise Brakensaiek

No, no, no Anneleise, don’t be proud. There is nothing to be proud about with this outfit. From the sack like shape to the belt it cause don't we belt everything, it’s all wrong. The bottom fringe looks like my vacuum cleaner head, full of fluff and crap.


Bessie Bardot

On a closer inspection of this outfit, you will realise it’s a dress. However, the fleeting glance offers you the unique option of seeing Bessie, as Aladdin, the street urchin set to rescue Princess Jasmine. What a whole new world Bessie brings to us each week here at Harsh Light.


Bianca Dye

The plus for Bianca was that she was the first photo I saw from Camilla Franks book launch and I originally believed that it was some dress up, theme event. Like 70’s pimp diva. Looking at the rest of the attending however, made me realise that no, Bianca just felt fashion is dressing like a 70’s pimp diva. Definitely a new way to go.


Christine Anu

On the night it rained caftan’s, it cemented, like a Moran in blocks at the bottom of the Yarra, how terrible this pox is. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, show me a single person who looks good in them, one single person and I’ll wear one to work for a week straight! Christine suffers from the stripper lace up effect. Let’s hope the rope holds!


Camilla Franks

Here’s the devil who we can thank for this awful experience! She started it, she obviously demanded half of the guests at the party wear it, damn it! Camilla, honestly, just between you and me, can you tell me that when you look in the mirror, you don’t think a florakeet just threw up on you?


Deni Hines

Deni, it’s about the attending everything, thing you’ve got going on. It must be tough having your mum be cooler than you are, and for like five seconds in the early nineties, you and the Rockmelons almost stole the show. But Deni, you can’t just keep turning up to shit and not expect people to start asking what you’re actually up to? What are you actually up to?


Jane Ferguson

It’s quite repetitive, all these caftan’s after another. SEE CAMILLA how ANNOYING it is. I think worst in the caftan goes to Jane, who makes to look awful. Just plain old awful. And this ladies and gents is the woman who proceeds to lecture the Aussie Princesses for being uncouth. Well Jane, glass houses my friend, glass houses.


Johanna Griggs

I never knew Parent Teacher night attracted paparazzi but clearly, I am mistaken. Joey, I know fringes are very big now and people are growing them faster than greased lightening but not everyone can rock the fringe, and I think we’ve learnt from this outfit, that you can’t either.


Jaynie Seal

Some one once said to me, in effort to be nice, that I would make the perfect saucy English bar maid in a TV series. After I finished my open handed slap across his face, I thought it may have had something to do with the ruffling around my cleavage. Well, Mr Polite, I think I found my successor! She even brings her own hat!


Laura Csortan

I think Laura has joined the over 30’s female Channel Seven gym. Other members include Naomi Robson and Sonia Kruger. Pinned on their locker doors is Madonna and her biceps, they pump enough iron to scare the crap out of Kochie and have Grant Deyer running in fear, and they eat thin Saladas with a glass of water for breakfast, lunch and dinner.



Megan Gale

I think the pressure of the J-Hawk vs Meggie G retailer throw down is getting to Megs. This is a couple of weeks running now that we’ve seen very questionable dressing from Megs. This outfit takes me back to the Xena Warrior Princess days; days of a hero with breast plates. I’m all for women empowerment but maybe Megs, just attend a charity function. Don’t wear your message. It might be a bit hard for the lesser fashionistas to grasp.


Michelle Walsh

You know, there’s going to the races and dressing in the spirit of the day. Dressing to pay homage to the location and those competing and offer your support through fashion. Then there’s being mistaken for a jockey.


Rachael Carpani

Why so sad Rachael? Yes, you did just blow up with your newly engaged honey on McLeod’s. And yes, you now have to prove this whole acting thing by going to LA, and look at how Toni Pearen did there, but come on. You look very cute at the Logies nominees announcement (excitement is building). It’s a sassy little day time number and you’ve definitely got that girl next door thing working, so cheer up! I’m sure it will all be fine and dandy.

Tali J

Tali, I know you’re trying to be helpful, and that’s really sweet, I do appreciate the help, especially with the big events coming, but really honey, let’s just leave the commenting to me, shall we?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Update Me! Feedback Me!
Want to know when the next tall poppy session is posted?
Email me with subscribe in the subject line.
Feel that someone got too much truth or not enough?
Email me...go on I dare you.
Lady Harsh

Links
Archives