Sunday, May 20, 2007

Long Way to the Shop if You Want a Sausage Roll


Anne Saunders

Anne’s a classy elder lady, and I’m all for that. There’s absolutely no need for some one like Anne to turn up on the red carpet in leggings and a tunic. Still Anne, you can put in a bit of effort. This is very Sanctuary Lakes dinner party. Either that or it’s from the J-Lo Senior line – for that fly grandma who knows how to work her velour.


Bessie Bardot

Really Bess, you’re really going to stand there and try and pretend you’re all bad arse rock’n’roll. Like sticking a skull and cross bones bandana and wearing red shoes (oh MY!) now mean you and Keith Richards are on the same level. Cause I don’t think so. Hilary Duff is more rock’n’roll (she kills it in Raise Your Voice, take my word!)


Erin McNaught

Oh for God’s sakes just go home! There’s nothing more anyone, including you can do here, you’ve flogged the 15 minutes to within an inch of its life. You’re a J-Hawk, Meggie Gale, Elle-Mac wannabe, who never could be, so just pack up and go home, and take the Supre clothes with you.


Elly May Barnes

No wonder poor Jimmy is having heart trouble. If I tried to leave the house looking like that, my Dad would have given the mortal coil a good shake too. In Elly May’s defence, it’s pretty rock’n’roll and this is a girl who was part of the Tin Lids – if you can come back from that, then hats off to you.


Ian Moss

For those with faded memories about who exactly Ian Moss is, let’s just refresh –

‘She’s gonna build me up,
just to tear me down,
[something something] all swing around,
I won’t leave till the [something] sound,
cause Tucker’s daughter’s a memory.’

Yes, Ian Moss is up there with eighties pop idols we all thought had rocked up to the great Countdown concert in the sky. No, it seems Ian is still with us. In the guise of a cool, likable Year Eight Art Teacher.


Katy Steele

Firstly let it be said, I far preferred Katy's hair when it was rocker cool black/brown. It just had something extra about it. Here she looks like Gigi Edgely’s runaway twin sister. Secondly, I’m all for blending outfits in a hip rock girl kind of style that most people can’t pull off. But when most of the outfit comes from Peter Allen’s wardrobe circa his baby going to Rio, you have to wonder how rocker is that?


Mark McEntee & Melanie Greensmith

The auditions for Australian Idol 2024 were proving testing for Andy G and his new co-host Stephanie McIntosh, hot off her panto season in UK.


Renee Brack

If someone were to ask me what Renee’s profession was, based on her outfit, I would immediately and confidentially say a very successful tattoo artist. Other roles would include personal trainer and security guard because ladies should never, ever, were baseball caps on a red carpet!


Sami Lukas

I feel Sami gets a bad rap, and let’s be honest, I’m usually the first in line to serve that badness to her. But tonight, Sami looks pretty nice, in fact, I’d venture to say she looks quiet lovely. It’s a flattering style and cut on her and it makes her look like a little snow angel.


Tim Rogers

I seem to recall, and please, correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t there a point in time, not too long ago when Tim Rogers was supposed to be hot. I myself was never a huge fan, I’m a little more of a nice boy girl, but still, even for a hard rocker, he’s looking a little rough around the edges. Tim, trust me when I say, I’m all for making sure you don’t miss out on the free booze, but maybe just the glass for the photo next time. And maybe give Daryl Somers back his jacket too.


Tom Williams

Look at Tommy boy, trying to convince us he’s all mean and tough. Yes, Tommy you are, you’re a big brave boy, yes, stick out that chin, nice and proud. And with that can in hand on the red carpet, what a rebel you are. Ohhh Tommy-you know what, I can’t pretend anymore. Tom, you’re cute, that’s who you are, you’re not dark and twisty, you just don’t have it in you. Leave that stuff to Meredith Grey.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Update Me! Feedback Me!
Want to know when the next tall poppy session is posted?
Email me with subscribe in the subject line.
Feel that someone got too much truth or not enough?
Email me...go on I dare you.
Lady Harsh

Links
Archives