Monday, June 25, 2007

Blame It On Meredith Grey

Angela Bishop

I get it, very funny, Ange’s is knocked up, so she’s at the premiere of Knocked Up. The oh so savvy movie publicity trail. Still Ange, I think there are more fashionable ways to be Knocked Up, ways that accentuate the baby belly without making it seem as though you are sacked up.



Amy Erbacher

I actually really quite love this. The black dress and the flattering white jacket with the high collar. The head band with High School Musical feel, it’s all very preppy chic with a modern edge. It’s very exciting to see people wear dresses that flatter their shape, it makes me so excited not only for them but for me too, a world with all shapes and all sizes! Free from size six snobbery – oh yeah!

Ada Nicodemou & Sharni Vinson

It’s these damn H&A girls! Everytime I feel like we’re taking a step forward, they slap me theatrically across the face and take two giant steps backwards. I mean really Sharni, Ugg fitted boots! UGG FITTED BOOTS. And Ada, sideways strippy tights! Sideways strippy tights! It’s like some viral disease landed on your legs.


Ajay Rochester

My mother tells me a tragic story of a time when, as a chestier young lass, she wore a t-shirt supporting the beer XXXX. Sadly however, some of the X’s were missing, and a lovely fellow commented to her, ‘hey I’d want to be between those X’s.’ And that my friend is the problem with statement t-shirts. I’d also question the need for a baseball cap and jeans that cut across everything awful.


Bianca Dye

Maybe the theme of the Knocked Up premiere was to come a little trashy – similar comments said main character would get called after getting Knocked Up by a one night stand. Nevertheless, Bianca Dye deserves points for committing to the theme. Britney Spears as her inspiration, we have cowboy boots, check; ample bosom with clearly visible bra, check; OTT Tiger print, check; and come hither seductress look; check.


Emma Booth

Well bravo Emma, first major run out of the blocks with the over used, over hyped IT girl tag, but you’ve managed to shoulder the burden well. The startling blue and pale skin with blonde hair, is all white witch with a hip new edge. PS fantastic note for the black finger nails, very cool. I look forward to the next outing, Emma but seriously no pressure. No pressure at all.


Indiana Evans

Like her fellow H&A cohorts, Indy sometimes strikes such a beautiful balance and manages to look above and beyond plain soapie starlet. Tonight is not one of those occasions for Indy. Firstly, the sack dress is oh so boring and really, Indy we’ve all seen it before. But mostly, by far and away, those awful thatchwork shoes, that you’ve matched with opaque stockings. I’m all for supporting third world countries and their trades but you don’t have too look crappy doing it.


Jessica Tovey

I hope for Jessica’s sake, she’s dragged her arse off the couch to support Alf. I hope she was Sniffles McTovey and she just felt, that after all Alf had done for her, she should be there. If not, I would maybe consider investing in some natural glow for the cheeks Jess, or even some blush. I’m all for pale but there’s chic pale and then there’s anaemic.


Tiffani Wood

See the problem when you get to like someone, is you feel for them. You see a picture of them and you feel less likely to judge, I feel less the want to be Harsh. But really, if we are the such good friends that I’ve solely decided we are, then judge I must. No, Tiff, I must be fair and say that while from the neck up, it’s a great look and very classy and elegant. From the neck down, it’s a little flashy, a lot widening and the straps, so terribly, terribly unbecoming. Maybe if we had a suggestion box – well Tiff, the suggestion for this week, look at what America Ferrara, Sara Ramirez and Catherine Zeta-Jones wear. See that, and copy.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Update Me! Feedback Me!
Want to know when the next tall poppy session is posted?
Email me with subscribe in the subject line.
Feel that someone got too much truth or not enough?
Email me...go on I dare you.
Lady Harsh

Links
Archives