Sunday, July 08, 2007

Save the Planet, Peace Out, and Like, Stay Awesome

Amy Pearson

So you’re Sony/BMG new IT girl, the new Missy Higgins singer songwriter. The push for some pointy ARIA’s on the shelf and of course, this involves attending anything and everything. So off to the Dolly formal for Amy and boy did she get this wrong. Like some sort of retarded deflated beach ball that she wrapped around herself and then of course, the mandatory black tights and open toe shoes to match. It’s all so very, very, very wrong!


Bessie Bardot

Bess got bangs! Yep, in an effort to maybe shake a nice comment from my critique tree, Bess has gone and got bangs and really, nothing much at all has changed – there will be no nice comment from me. The only nice thing I can say is this look is eerily reminiscent of a Libra Fluer tampon commercial from the mid to late eighties. I do feel like having a bike ride then a water fight with my friends in a fresh cut park. Thanks Bess.


Bronwyn Bishop

‘Oh my gawd, it’s friiightfully cold out there. I simply must put a break into the calendar for Noooosa. This winter season, just means I absolutely only get to the theatre every other week. By the by, must not forget to call James and have the car ready to collect me at the end of the engagement, if I had to spend more than a few minutes talking to that awwwful Erin McNaught girl, I will simply diiiiiie.’


Chris Taylor and his ladyfriend (yes, do you have problem with!)

Okay, firstly, let’s just say, I’m not usually at the front of bandwagon’s – in fact, I’ll be honest, I’m usually like everyone else and jumping on mid to end of the trend bandwagon. Well, I here to say, I was up the front of the bandwagon for The Chaser boys. I wasn’t driving it, but I would definitely say I was pretty far up the front! Anyway, bandwagon’s aside – meet my favourite Chaser boy. Everyone has one. Many people I know love Chaz, but no, I’m out there for Chris. I especially like his earlier support for Woolworths/Safeway team in the upcoming supermarket showdown. The green shirt puts Chris smack into the Woolies team – that’s it Chris, make a stand.


Danielle Foote & Krystal Forscutt

Well, it’s really what you’d expect from these two isn’t it. I can’t really say that cheap tacky dressing shocks me. I knew the Krystal amazing classy dress wouldn’t survive. I am a little surprised Danielle wore her painting smock out but hey, these kids and the fashion these days. Krystal, just a word – you may be verging drag queen-esque with the make-up, maybe honey, you want to tone that down.


Fuzzy

I think something happens when you have a fro – especially in Australia. You become cool. You just get a cool factor up of ten, simply by having fuzzy hair that defies gravity. Like in the beginning, Guy Sebastian for a mili-second was cool. Fuzzy here demonstrates how much a fro can override bad things. The dress itself, is not so bad, but it’s the heavy black overload vertical reducing tights, black shoes ending that disappoints. What could have been so much more, is only average with a cool hairstyle.


Joel Edgerton

Joel was, from a faint memory, hot, once upon a time. However that time seems to have long since passed. Here, he demonstrates why he’s attending the Ray Ban anniversary party. Ray Ban have obviously been good to Joel in hiding those rimmed eyes. Seriously though Joel, last time we saw eyes that red, Matt Newton was about to blow a gasket and spiral down. There’s suitable enough warning.


Jade Macrae

Jade exhibits the latest in funeral wear fashion for Little House on Prairie. Painful clog shoes not included.

Paulini

WOW Paulini, like seriously WOW! No hang on, not good wow, slow down, stop celebrating, it’s not a good wow. It’s just answered my question, that the diva stress of dealing with Ricki-Lee was not impairing your fashion choice whilst in Young Divas. Clearly it’s something far deeper than that.

Sam Brett

Oh the joy of my life, the joy of my days. Sam Brett, who is no longer allowed to be in the city – she must now be Ask Sam, and then people may actually realise what that is and may want to stop. Still my joy is complete because Sam Brett is wearing the exact same dress as only two weeks ago. I know Ask Sam – do you think that means like your dress sense, you’re ideas are recycled? Do you?

Teigan Nash

Okay, firstly in this girl’s defense, she is specifically hired by Supre. It’s not like she’s just got up that morning and felt overcome by Supre love. Still, I do believe, that when designers, fashion houses etc ask people to wear their clothing, it’s usually to entice new shoppers to their line. Usually, it’s something envy worthy, something ten other designer rip off the next day. I think people may avoid Teigan’s Mardi Gras costume.

Live Earth Concerts

While I’m all cool for raising awareness for environment - very worthy cause, very important cause. I do believe we are now over-concerting any cause. Seriously, we can’t be far off having a concert for the anniversary of the death of Molly on A Country Practice.

My main problem is we get a bunch of super cool, ultra hip people with their statement t-shirts and their save our earth signs and peace fingers and Supre, Dotti and Glassons make $100 off teeny boppers looking for statements t-shirts.


















And they turn up in their droves, and they all sing loudly and they chant and they pledge peace, love and energy reduction and then this happens. Save that environment kids!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Update Me! Feedback Me!
Want to know when the next tall poppy session is posted?
Email me with subscribe in the subject line.
Feel that someone got too much truth or not enough?
Email me...go on I dare you.
Lady Harsh

Links
Archives