Wednesday, May 07, 2008

La La Logies Pt 2

Chris Bath

Chris has always sneaky hot. You never quite knew that she was hot until she danced her pants off to AC/DC on DWTS and she has a knack for a good red carpet dress. Again, she gets my award for Sneaky Hot – great colour, flattering shape and a little different than the normal.


Erin McNaught

Okay, why is Erin McNaught there? She was on Neighbours for like two seconds, then decided that Sydney was more her scene and hightailed it back there. It’s not a massive loss for Neighbours in my opinion. Still, Erin shouldn’t suddenly get to trot down the carpet, even if she does look nice in her sack dress.


Fuzzy & Nathan

I’m going to shock a few people I think and say I actually like it! I do, I think Fuzzy’s cool enough and hot enough to carry this off, and sure the back train ruffles are crazy town and Nathan’s working some severe pinstripes, I actually think it’s kind cool crazy hip and the colour of her dress is jumping and you know what, I’m just glad it’s not black.


Jessica Tovey

Jess like her H&A cohort Jodi Gordon isn’t afraid to push the envelope, stretch the friendship, test the boundaries. However unlike Jodi G, I’ve been tested a little too far for my liking here. The bodice part is actually really good and I like the shape it’s giving, but then the flamenco ruffles that make up Part 2 of the dress are just bad. Bad in a Paso Doble kind of way.


Joelene Anderson

See, you almost had me Joelene, I almost wrote you a lovely review about how I thought this was cute and fun and quirky and sure, a little twee and a little prom but I was almost going to embrace that. Then I saw the SHOES! What are those shoes doing with that dress? How did this happen? Black shoes are not friends with sparkly pale dress, they just aren’t!


Jane Hall

I kinda like it and I kinda hate it. It’s much like an episode of Today Tonight, terrible because it’s so poorly executed (the tucked in things is way weird) but pretty because Anna Coren’s got nice hair and is trying hard to be liked (different to other middle age red carpetters). I also feel for Jane because Vince, her ex not so charming hubbie was there and it was a little bit of an Oprah face off on the red carpet. So I give Jane a pass, if only for the withering glance I hope she shot Vince.


Kate Langbroek

I heard Kate on the radio the next morning, trying to defend this dress and the one shoulder strap debacle. Well Kate, much like the Nazi’s, it’s pretty indefensible, the dress is just bad and the strap down, is wrong. And as you said, Alex Perry tried to fix it for you, but you refused. Between your word and stylist super successful designer Alex Perry, you know whose word I’m trusting – his, every time and twice on Monday.


Kate Ritchie

Like the John Farnham farewell tour, so drags on Sally Fletcher’s but you know what, I don’t care. I like Sally and I like Kate and sure her dress was bit billowy but who cares, her make-up and hair were beautiful, Alf was tearing up with pride and so was I.


Kat Stewart

Mission: To dress as formal shower curtain from the 1970’s.
Result: Majority successful, will attempt more fish based pattern next time, so as to avoid confusion with a magician’s assistant about to disrobe her cape.


Kim Watkins

Kim seems to be heralding the new formal uniform of someone from Star Trek in a horrendous orange, that only makes me think of pumpkin or sweet potato…in fact, I’m awfully hungry.


Lisa McCune

Hi, I’m Lisa. You may remember me from every Australian drama produced in the last ten years. You may also remember me from the many disastrous red carpet appearances I make, so much so that it’s now officially a joke. In fact, each year I’m invited on the basis, I don’t hire a stylist and trust my instincts. I cheated a little this year and hired a stylists for the bottom half of my dress. But my instincts kicked in and said, don’t match, don’t have the same pattern.


Natalie Bassingthwaite

Sure, it’s pretty and Nat’s hair is nice and she looks good. But, it’s a little bit of anti-climax after all the dresses we saw on Dance.


Natalie Blair

I would like to ask for a Senate inquiry into how this girl keeps getting nominated for the Golden Logie. I’m mean, really and truly! While the Senate’s investigating why she received so many votes from someone called Satalie Flair, they should also check out why she decided this dress, if you can call it that, was a good idea. I see layers, I see tulle and I see lace. I see too much.


Natarsha Belling

Tarsh, seriously looks 12! The 12 year old little sister who comes to her big sister’s 21st, but got to go to the hairdresser for the first time, so they over styled her hair to make her feel special and then over the top make up to make her feel even more special. Well, Tarsh, you're 35, it's not special.


Rose Byrne

Channelling Keira Knightley on her most foulest, pissed, PMS day, Rose is just a ‘delight’! Besides the face of death and the colour of death, Rose, why the one arm sleeve route? Do you love one arm more than another? Does one arm feel fatter than another? That poor one arm, just hanging out there by itself.


Seven News Team

Latest headlines: ‘Seven news women dress badly’ --- ‘Melissa Doyle has amnesia, thinks it’s 1983’ --- ‘Kylie Gillies challenges Tania Zaetta for Bollywood throne’ --- ‘Natalie Barr looks oddly tall and manlike’ --- ‘Blonde woman is dreading being compared to Charlize Theron’ --- tune in tonight for these amazing stories.


Sigrid Thornton

Oh Christ Almighty! Sigrid, you’ve got to warn people when you’re about to scar their retinas like that. The weird pom pom hair effect – that ain’t right and is that a dress, shirt or bed valance? Whatever you think it is, it’s not.


Sonia Kruger

It must be hard for Sonia to resist all the sleepy park jokes at Todd’s expense but from what I can tell she’s resisting so well done. And well done on this little ensemble. Very classic and elegant and ladylike. Sometimes our dear Sonia comes off a little severe but tonight it’s soft wavy hair and womanly curves, wrapped in tulle and I approve.


Sybilla Budd

Well this is quiet lovely Sybilla. Very floaty and dreamlike. And it must be hard considering your show got the boot faster than your character wanted to give it to the lead dude – yeah, I was one of two people who watched it. Normally, I’m also very anti belts, bows, ribbons etc but here this just enhances the elegance so bravo to you.


Tom Williams & Zoe Naylor

Trains were the clearly the ‘thing’ of the this years Logies but you have to ask yourself Zoe, when my train becomes so large and pillow like, that it could be a game in my new show Gladiators, have you gone to far on the train? To carry home the pun: Get off the train Zoe, get off.


Comments:
wow, i wonder what a 'good look' is to you, many of these were pretty much win so i'd like to see what passes your scrupulous test.
 
Learn to speak and write English, you moron.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Update Me! Feedback Me!
Want to know when the next tall poppy session is posted?
Email me with subscribe in the subject line.
Feel that someone got too much truth or not enough?
Email me...go on I dare you.
Lady Harsh

Links
Archives